Pu Mat National Park is the state enterprise unit directly under the management of Provincial People’s Committees. Subject to the management of professional services of specialized agencies and the provincial authorities in accordance with the law.
Pu Mat National Park has full legal status, seal and bank accounts.
Conservation of natural resources, protect biodiversity and cultural values, history, landscape within the park. Scientific research and international cooperation, education, advocacy, raising awareness about nature conservation, protection of ecological environment for the community to maintain protective effects of forest within the boundaries of the Park.
Duties and Powers
1. Management, protection and conservation of natural ecosystems, species endemic; restore natural resources and natural landscapes in an area assigned to:
a) Protection, conservation of natural ecosystems.
– Protecting, preserving sustainable development of natural resources, biological, water and other natural factors.
– Fire, Forest Fire, pest prevention and exotic invasive organisms; prevent timely actions invasive forest and environmental landscape.
b) Restoration of natural forest ecosystems, species of plant and animal are at risk of extinction; conserve biological diversity.
c) Develop programs, projects and implement programs, projects and activities to attract community participation management, contribute to improve the living standard of local people targeted in buffer zone according to objectives of conservation and sustainable development.
d) Conservation and restoration of historic and cultural landscape in the Park.
2. Scientific research and international cooperation:
a) To organize scientific research on the protection, conservation, community development, forest plants, biodiversity, particularly for the species, rare plants, endemic and endangered.
b) To organize services for scientific research and study at the Park.
c) Develop programs, plans and scientific research projects then manage to launch after these programs are approved.
d) Collect, experimental breeding, and genetic conservation of the species and rare plants.
e) Develop programs and projects of international cooperation on the management, protection, conservation and development of natural resources and biodiversity; carry out the international cooperation activities under the approval of the PPC’s subsidiaries.
e) To study the model farm forestry, forestry extension model, agricultural, fishing in the buffer zone, the model village tourism, technology instructions transfer to the local people in the buffer zone.
3. Organization Environmental Services:
a) Develop and submit programs to competent authorities for approval the planning, develop and implement the development projects for environmental services, ecotourism at the National Park. Create revenues from tourism investment for management, protection, conservation and forest development of the National Park.
b) Organize joint venture, association, for rent forest environment for eco-tourism business under approved planning and regulations; guide, inspect and supervise the business activities of ecotourism organizations and individuals under contracts already signed.
c) To propagate and environmental education to raise awareness about nature conservation, the environment for tourists and community, carry out promotion and marketing to attract tourists.
4. Submit to PPC programs and investment projects. To be the owner of investment projects under the current regulations of the State and PPC.
5. Propagation and dissemination, education, guide and supervise the implementation of policies and legislation on the management of forest protection, conservation and buffer zones in the Park.
6. Develop, evaluate, monitor and implement of projects related to the management and protection of forest nature reserves, protecting biodiversity; plant garden; plants; model of agro-forestry; when the agency or the competent authority assigned.
7. Exercise their rights and obligations of forest owners as The Special-use forest management under Article 61 of the Law on Protection and Development of Forests in 2004.
8. Financial management, assets assigned; implementation of regulations on the regime of autonomy and self-responsibility for financial thrift and combat waste, fight against corruption; administrative reform in accordance with the State.
9. Management of the Organization; civil servants, she said wage regime; reward and discipline as assigned by the PPC and the regulations of the State.
10. Perform other duties prescribed by law.